Punctuated

Monday, November 20, 2006



PUNCTUATED 1. Nat. Hist. and Path. Marked or studded with points or dots; having minute rounded spots, or (esp.) depressions resembling punctures, scattered over the surface; of the nature of or characterized by such markings.

(Oxford English Dictionary word of the day for 20th Nov 06)

Today Has been punctuated.
mostly by rain

but punctuated never the less.

normal stuff.
got up got Helen and Jacob to work and nursery respectively.


I had the task of hiring a Kilt for Helen's works night out in mid December.
(mental note to self get this day off work.)
I was going to go to Geffrey Tailors in Buchanan street, but last time I was there they really mucked up the wedding party orders. Shame. I quite liked the shop.
Anyway I thought I would try a new place.
I walked to bath street near Buchanan street to MacGregor and MacDuff's glasgow shop. It was a very small shop in a basement. No MacMillan tartan either, my middle name is MacMillan. The guy measuring me seemed to be new to this entire measuring/fitting experience. But i came away with a feeling of confidence that I would get what I ordered.

I got a black watch tartan with the full prince charlie outfit. (my uncle was in the black watch.) no shirt though as i have a white shirt. black socks and sporran though.

I then went CD window shopping. (Due to my laptop purchase I haven't bought a CD in ages. maybe at christmas.)

Went to uni. I am on holiday from work so I am trying to get into the library and write an essay or two.

It rained hard.

I crossed campus to get to the packlunch room.

It really rained.

The room was quiet. except for three girls showing me basic gymnastic teaching theory. in particular how to land from a jump and the 5 impact points.
Fascinating.

I ate lunch


I had a good nose around in this months third way magazine.
The big interview with Tracy Emin was really good. I think i have a better understanding of her viewpoint now. The most striking was the article by Mark Vernon about Agnostisism. It was clear and seemed to open up doors for thinking in my head. I don't think i will become agnostic. Me learning so far at uni has been about viewing issues form different persepctives, youth, excluded, elderly, feminist, anti-racist.
Having different traditions and ways of viewing things gives more to say, granted, and more things to think about, definately, but ultimately it challanges. thats what being open is all about.

It was windy. I went the the library and did some work, met nick & Sarah briefly.


I took a break and fixed up an appointment with my uni adviser.
Thursday at 2pm. (remember to contact fraser)


went back to the library. did some work.
I walked to the car. It rained.
I drove to nusrery. It stopped raining
I drove to helens work. It rained


I met Denise tonight.
Denise Is a friend from ICC days and great woman. She is always great comapny and up for having a chat. We sat. remebered old times. talked about current times, work, love and psycho analyised our friends. in a nice way of course. Denise is a good friend.
I hope she enjoyed the Ballet!

I took the undergorund home
It was very windy.

I got home.
rest


Rich apparently has got snowed in on friday. Then he may or may not have crashed. I think he was just in the tailbacks caused by the crashes.

The rail was strong against the window. The wind whistles down the chimney very loudly.


One of my Cohorts is leaving the uni course I am on. I feel sad and guilty. I am studying full time and working full time. This student had stopped working to study on the course. there were only a dozen or so, fees paid places I got one, the other student didn't. I could understand to a decent level the theories of Gramsci, freire and basics of Informal education and policy documents from the scottish executive due to my first degree covering these subjects as an undergraduate, and my youthwork background, as a newcomer to all this the other student struggled.

I am guilty that i seem to have had all the advantages on the course, yet her commitment has been tremendous. Stopping employment, paying her fees, working hard.

I feel bad about it.

it rained again

My laptop is delayed.
If you see a UPS van with a laptop with "For Scott" written on it in central glasgow please direct it to My wife's place of employment. thanks.

_today.i.have.been.punctuated._



Posted by scottp at 10:59 PM

0 comments:

Post a Comment